448007-001
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

448007-001

448007-001

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Old Pictures

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Old Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Old Pictures   Old Pictures EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 3:42 pm

It is always fun to look back at happy memories. Happy memories that can make you smile, sigh, go nuts, go cranky, and you may even find yourself holding onto your tummy because you couldn’t stop the laughter. Memories are special tokens from the past and it becomes a part of the person you are today. Pictures are medium to lingering memories of the past. You will see how much you have grown physically and emotionally. Physically because obviously you have grown taller and skinnier, it is like you are being stretched like an elastic band and you may also have grown into the attractive being, you are today. But the emotional side, you may be a little puzzled about it. Let me share to you my story.
I got the chance, after 20 long years of not browsing my photo album as a child, to once more take a look at all the pictures and reminisce. It was almost hilarious to have a glimpse of the past. How I looked, how thin I was and how thinner I became during my adolescent years. I could never imagine I accumulated all these fats looking like this today. But there are some things you will find out if you look clearer into the picture, the emotions. The happiness as a kid, the sadness, the unsatisfied look – everything you can see in a picture. I have this picture that I was muddy all over after a game of egg hunt, I ended up with three eggs and all that mess – and I looked so happy. To date, egg hunting is still a popular Easter game. I would like to compare this to my nephew’s photo, same age as mine in my old picture, but after a paintball game. He has the same grin as mine, he looks really happy dripping with paintball paint-squirts and mud. I never get the chance to play paintball in my younger years but I can see through my nephew’s pictures how he enjoyed it. I realized how I have grown as that child who seems happy and contented with little things. And how also little things made me cry as a child – taken in a snap, all documented! I let my nephew see the pictures and being his age right now, I felt that he leaped with excitement when he saw his pictures at the paintball field. I brought him to play with me. I was excited and he is too. I want to experience this game also. I really enjoyed, I can say as much as my nephew did. We captured pictures of us together. We were both extremely happy.
Again, another documented event in my life, it was like in my childhood. I felt happy having this picture playing paintball, which at least I could show my kids later on - the happy and emotion-filled childhood I’ve had not too many years ago. It is unexplainable how an old picture can bring so much laughter and happiness.
Back to top Go down
https://448007-001.forumotion.com

Old Pictures
Page 1 of 1