448007-001
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

448007-001

448007-001

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Learning ASP Series - Installing Personal Web Server

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Learning ASP Series - Installing Personal Web Server Empty
PostSubject: Learning ASP Series - Installing Personal Web Server   Learning ASP Series - Installing Personal Web Server EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 3:32 pm

Welcome to the first chapter from your Basic ASP Learning String. I mostly communicate about the personal level, so it's better weacquaint ourselves in the beginning .. My name is Amrit Hallan andI'm any web developer. I process my web site -http: //www. bytesworth. com. I'm truly nerd (and don't choose to be)and most of my knowledge has reach me piecemeal through a large amount ofhard work and relationship with my other construtor friends. I don't think it'd be fair to speak about that I'm an power on ASP but without a doubt, I have a few satisfied clients at my portfolio and I know enoughto enable you to get started. By the time you may be through with these dailychapters, you'll have learnt enough to brew a small shopping cartin OR NET. Most of the chapters might be organized in a linear manner, sothat you always really need to work according to your previouslyacquired knowledge. Sometimes I'll be understood as writing the entirechapter from a bulleted form, but that'll be merely keep theunnecessary (I mean that is away from scope of this reference)stuff apart. I wish I can know your name very. But I don't know how manypeople could very well read this. If you desire to let me know thatYOU are the one at this point reading this, you are welcome tosend me a genial message at mailto: amrit@bytesworth. com. Document loveto hear from people today (ok, the word "people" excludes Spammers -they may not be people). Enough of my heating. Here we go when using the first chapter. Installing Unique Web Server==> Beginning for Chapter One < ==If you prefer to work with ASP (Active Server Pages) upon yourpersonal computer, you want to install the Personal Website Server(PWS). As the term indicates, it's a server. Nothing like the normalHTML pages, dynamic pages (either made up of CGI, PHP, ASP orCold Fusion) require attaining some sort of a server to remain theirbusiness. Without a server, you’re able to create a dynamic web page, butyou cannot view it decently during the run-time mode. Since I mostly handle the Active Server Pages of content using PWS, I'lltell you methods to install the PWS. It ships free along with the Win98 CD, and has to be in the add-onsfolder. > Right from there, install the PWS on your laptop. The installationprogram creates an important folder, inetpub in that directly you specifyduring the actual installation. This inetpub, further boasts a folder, wwwroot. So for those who install your PWS onto your C drive, the wwwrootpath have to beC: INETPUBWWWROOTAll the files you ought to create, you store with wwwroot. What wegenerally undertake is, we create standalone folders for separate projectsunder the particular wwwroot folder. So generally if i created bytesworth folder inwwwroot folder, the path should beC: INETPUBWWWROOTBYTESWORTHAnd when This wasn't view the page upon my browser, I'll really have to typehttp: //localhost/bytesworthas the PAGE. After you've installed the particular PWS, it's icon is found on yourdesktop, and towards the end right of your display screen. Click ordouble-click on a icon. On the principal window, you should find themessage: Web publishing is without a doubt on. Your Home page is accessible athttp: //servernameThe servername certainly is the name you use as a substitute for localhost. But ifyou are confused regarding it name game, just use localhost plus itshould always work once you haven't been naughty and messing aroundwith your personal computer's basic setup. Before one proceed further, open any Windows Explorer, go toc: inetpubwwwroot and come up with a new folder here by way of the name of"learnASP" (how boringly foreseeable! So you can identify itsomething else). We'll be storing ALL our files in that folder. Hence, whenever we want to be run a newly produced file, we'd type inthe destination bar: http: //localhost/learnASP/newfile. or net and press Enter. Right, next, click on the actual Advanced tab. Select Empower DefaultDocumentIn the Default Document(s) common box, type the list with file names youwould plan to use as your default file as the name of your siteis enter the browser. If you have no notion what's the default archive, it is the file thatanswers your call while you type a specific URL with no specificfile. For instance, generally if i type http: //www. bytesworth. com the filethat actually gets loaded automagically is DEFAULT. ASP. This approach dependson the setting. A lot of servers use INDEX. OR NET or INDEX. HTML orINDEX. SHTML. The whole thing depends on the file parsing put in place on yourweb-hosting server. Then go through the Edit Properties button, subsequently after selecting theHome folder. There is three select boxes, viz., "Read", "Execute", "Script". Select each. The selections tell theserver that we want to be execute server side scripts with our ASPpages. ASP pages won't run if for example the server can't read and even executethem. Close the display, and your PWS is definitely running. Of course really don't runtwo servers simultaneously. Here are a few installed the Apache WebServer plus left it running, thereafter loaded PWS, there is goingto be some problem for one to sort out.
Back to top Go down
https://448007-001.forumotion.com

Learning ASP Series - Installing Personal Web Server
Page 1 of 1